A PRAYER FOR THE JOURNEY
Father, I lift up my eyes to You. I realize that only from You will I receive the help I need. Forgive me for looking to men to supply my needs. Thank You for being my Provider. Thank You that just as You have supplied for the sparrows, the lilies of the field, and all of Creation – these just show that You will meet our needs too. Thank You that You have gone before,. Thank You that You are preparing the hearts of the people who are going to be involved. Lead people to be involved n the Prayer Team, Supporters, Launch Team, Worship Team. Prepare the hearts of those who need the Gospel. Thank You that You are already working in their circumstances, hearts, and lives to prepare them for the Gospel. Thank You for Your power that is contained in the Gospel. Thank You that the Spirit will give the words to share it. Thank You for Your Word that reveals Your Truth. Thank You that it penetrates their arguments, objections, thought, and ideas. Thank You for the Spirit that does the work of convicting of sin and righteousness and judgment. Thank You that we are not alone in this venture – that You have called us, You have sent us, You go to prepare the way, You provide what is needed. May Your Name be forever praised!
Thank You that the obstacles I see before me are opportunities for You to display Your glory. Thank You that there is nothing that will keep Your plans from being accomplished. There is no power or person or situation that can thwart Your desires. Thank You that if You are for us, nothing can stand against us. Thank You that You always lead us in triumphant victory. Thank You that You have already won the victory over Satan on the cross. Thank You that He is defeated, the outcome is already established. Thank You that there is nothing to fear because You are with me. Thank You that You are my god, so there is nothing to worry about. Thank You that when my strength fails, You give Your strength, You uphold me, You help me. Thank You God that You are the lifter of my head. Thank You that even though friends and family may desert me, still You will be there for me. Thank You that You will never leave or forsake me.
Thank You God that You supply a fresh start, a new life, and the power to overcome whatever is in my life. Thank You that in Christ, I am a new creature, the old has gone and the new has come. Thank You that I am dead to sin but I am alive in Christ. Thank You that the power of the resurrection is present in my life. Thank You that all I need for life and godliness is supplied in Christ. Thank You that You are at work in me – I surrender to that work and look forward to the opportunities to “work out” my salvation.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment