Wednesday, August 23, 2006

LOAD 'EM UP, MOVE 'EM OUT

Sorry the post is late this week. J'line just let me out of the back room where I've been packing the last several days:) Actually, we've had a few breaks to socialize, etc. I'm taking a short break while it rains. We got a break today when the U-Haul place asked us to pick up the truck early so people would quit bugging them to let them rent it. I'm not sure how we're going to get all of our stuff in the truck anyway, so it helps to have more time so we can pack carefully.

The last several days have been very emotional - a lot of ups and downs. Church went well on Sunday. Andrew was baptized to begin the service. At the close, the pastor had us gather up front and everyone prayed for us to commission us. It was encouraging, humbling, and really worked up the ole tear ducts.

Sunday night, we had fellowship at the church that was fun and encouraging. They "equipped me" to go to Nebraska as a "faux Husker" and sent us off with some encouraging comments and CASH!!! Thanks to everyone who was a part. We really appreciate it.

For those of you on the prayer team, we will be sending out a letter this week with more info (for those who aren't and want to be, let me know), but for now, here's some requests:

At the present, our most urgent requests are for help in moving and a safe trip to Omaha (pray that God will hold the van together for the trip!). Once we arrive, I am praying that the boys and Jacqueline will make friends quickly. Please pray for them as they begin home schooling too! For me, the first several months will be ones of learning the community, finding doors of opportunity where God is at work, meeting people, and planning for the new work. Pray that I will learn how God is moving in this culture and join Him there. Pray also that we will meet persons of peace (Luke 10:1-24) who God is preparing to be involved in the work. Pray for leaders to join us in the work of the harvest. Pray that I will be alert and aware of opportunities to share the gospel. Pray that I will share it boldly, clearly, and that it will bear fruit quickly. Pray for the Papillion/La Vista/ 370 Corridor outside of Omaha to be receptive to the gospel. Pray also for wisdom as we make the countless decisions that are going to be needed in the coming weeks.

Thanks for your help!

No comments: