02/12/07 UPDATE
Man have things gotten busy! We had a really eventful week that I hope will prove productive. On Friday of last week, I had a meeting that resulted in a guy volunteering to make a promotional dvd for us. The only problem was, I had to have a script written and ready to go by Wednesday night. I also had to finalize my prospectus and prepare to preach yesterday. The DVD really took a lot of time. I hope it will turn out well and give some of you a look at the area.
I had to finalize the prospectus because our Director of Missions had a meeting with a group from Missouri who was interested in helping us and was going to Mississippi to meet with some other prospects. I've also got several contacts that we are pursuing. Please pray for God to pull things together as He sees fit. We need these groups to help with sending mission teams, praying, and financial support. Our salary is being provided but there are a lot of startup costs for equipment, advertising, facility rent, etc.
Preaching went pretty well yesterday too. Thanks for praying.
I also had meetings with prospects almost every day last week. Several doors opened for relationship building and sharing Christ. I also had a significant discussion with two couples who are considering helping us out. We have similar thoughts about church and ministry, so it seemed pretty good.
Again, the frustration is that things don't follow my schedule. For example, I had a follow up meeting with one of those couples for tonight, but something came up for them and we won't get to meet for almost two weeks. I keep having to remind myself that God is in control and things are moving along according to His plan, not mine. I've experienced that before, but in a normal church situation, your "postition" is secure and there are other things clamoring for your attention. Here, everything depends on those contacts working out, so it's a little more stressful.
Please pray for:
God to begin tying up some of these loose ends for us.
Opportunities to share the Gospel - pray especially for Brad and Mandy, Duane and his wife, and Spencer.
God to call those He wants involved in the work. Pray for guidance for Kyle and Kim, Nick and Kelly, Don, and Joe.
Wisdom as we make decisions for everything that has to be done.
Monday, February 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment