2/26/07 UPDATE
We had a really good week this week. For those of you who have been praying for my midweek request about the church planting coach, I decided to go ahead and apply. I sought the counsel of several people, and all of them thought it was a sound decision. As I prayed and thought about it, I felt stronger about the decision, so I applied. I'm awaiting hearing the outcome.
One other thing I've been requesting prayer on was opportunities to share the Gospel. I've been working really hard to solicit the help of believers (more about that later, I think its essential) but I also realize how necessary it is to reach unchurched people. So this week, I've been praying fervently about it. I experimented with several ways to get out and bump into people, start conversations, etc. Well, it really didn't go well until Thursday. I went to Scooter's as normal and had a great discussion with a lady who works there. (If you want to read more about the whole story, you can check out my other blog, but I'll spare the gory details here). It was a great conversation where you know the person is hearing and processing what you're saying. Please pray for her as she wrestles with this - her name is Lisa.
I also had several good contacts with believers this week. As I said earlier, I think believers who are willing to set aside their preferences for the good of others is essential (and also hard to find). I went to check on a building where we can meet. As I talked to her, I found out they are members in an SBC church where they are finding it difficult to connect. They've helped start a church in Massachusetts before moving out here. She said that she thought we were in a good area because she knew of 4 couples off the top of her head who were searching for a church like we were describing. It was encouraging and may lead to some people to plug into the launch team.
We also met with two couples on Sunday night who have been talking about helping us. They are seriously considering it, but they are also struggling to make the decision. Its a big step for anybody to leave behind what they know (friends, family, church, etc.) to go across the country or the city. I shared with them that I don't want anybody doing it just "cause" - because they don't like their church, think it would be cool, or anything else. I want people involved because they are convinced God is calling them to be a part. Otherwise, when it gets hard (and it will), they'll bail out. I actually find people who wrestle with the decision more encouraging than those who say, "cool, let's do it" the first time they hear.
This week involves a lot of preparing for what is to come. I'm meeting with a guy who's helping me file all of the necessary paperwork to get the church "official." I'm also working to finish several of the things I've got to submit for my application to a church planting network. We're being assessed (again) in March, so i've got to finish several papers, surveys, etc. this week.
PRAISES:
We continually find places where God is working.
God is answering the prayers that are being made for the work.
PRAYERS:
Our assessment with Acts 29 (church planting network) and our application for coaching.
Clarity for those we've met as to whether God is calling them to be a part. Specifically, Kyle and Kim, Nick and Kelly, Bruce and Brenda, Al and Mary.
God to show people their need for salvation and opportunities to discuss it with them. Specifically, Lisa, Brad, Mandy, Duane and his wife.
Wisdom for the myriad of decisions that have to be made.
Monday, February 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment