Monday, March 12, 2007

03/12/07 UPDATE

Last week was another good one. Praise God on two items in particular. One, I had a phone interview that completed all the necessary items for my church planting assessment with Acts 29. I had someone inquire about their organization last week. If you're interested, here's the website http://www.acts29network.org/. Also, I got word that I've been accepted for church planter coaching. That will begin in April. I'm excited about both opportunities.

We also had Jimmy and Carol Ann Draper visiting our association last week. if you don't know who they are, Jimmy was president of LifeWay (the SBC publishing agency) until retiring last year. They had a pastor's wives meeting Tuesday night which Jacqueline enjoyed. Then on Wednesday, Jimmy spoke to the pastors about things he's learned in 58 years of preaching.

Lastly, mom and dad arrived safely on Saturday night. We didn't tell the boys they were coming so that they would be surprised. I think they almost wet their pants when mimi and poppie showed up.

This week is pretty eventful as well. I would like for you to pray for three meetings in particular. Today I'm meeting with a guy who used to lead worship in a church locally. I heard he was no longer doing that and wanted to get to know him. We'll see where it leads (if anywhere).

Second, I'm meeting with a pastor of the largest SBC church in Omaha. We are discussing how they can help (and if they will).

Third, we are having our small group meeting Sunday night. It looks like several of the other couples we've been working with are going to be able to attend. Pray that it will work out and that God will use it as a time to provide clarity.

Thanks for praying!

No comments: