Sunday, May 06, 2007

05/06/07 UPDATE

Last week was largely one of praises. Since we have adapted our "model" for starting the church, there has been a big change in my focus and clarity. Before, I went from week to week hoping to meet some people who would gather around us and once that took place, we'd start "doing something." Now, we're focused on preparing to do what we believe God has called us to do, when he has called us to do it. In our case, that means launching a church publicly beginning September 16, 2007. Now the question has become, "What has to be done for that to take place?" I'm focused on getting the necessary plans made and securing what is needed. Having said all of that, it seemed that God was busy putting those pieces into place.

This was seen clearly after I emailed our monthly newsletter. One request I had was for partners. I had one prospective partner contact me that afternoon. Another was that I asked that we would find the right person to finish our basement. That afternoon, a guy came and gave us a bid that was about half of the others.

Another praise was on the equipment front. I was given a projector and wireless mic - that was about $1,300. I also spoke with a lady who had some top notch sound equipment that she wants to sell us at a cut rate. Now I just need $3,000! I had spoken with her before - she and her husband had helped start a church in Massachusetts before moving here. In addition to the equipment, she was going to give our information to a few other people.

Our most critical needs remain two things. Both are people related and outside of my control. Both are also a dire need - please make them a special priority. Write yourself a note to remember to pray for them daily, please. One, we need a worship leader. Two, we are going to do the work of connecting with people and inviting them, but God has to draw them to Himself and call him to this work. Please make these a continual request.

This week will also be busy for me. I hope to secure the Middle school as a meeting place and i need to connect with the person in charge (and have little time to do it). I'll also be meeting with a mission pastor to from Arkansas to plan his church's summer trip. I'll also be travelling to New York for my coaching meeting on Wednesday and Thursday. This is going to be an extremely busy week. We have something going every day fo the week.

By the way, if anybody was concerned, we got a lot of rain and wind. There's a lot of flooding in the area. However, we have not had any severe weather or tornadoes.

No comments: