07/30/07 UPDATE
I received some feedback from our service on the 22nd last week. I'll let it speak for itself. It's why we do what we do!
"Yes, my son and I were both there on Sunday. It was very nice. You do a great job. We enjoyed the music too. My son and I just wanted to visit, as I am Catholic and baptized my son Catholic as well. I just didn't feel very comfortable attending Catholic Church anymore, so I just stopped going. That was about 5 years ago! Now that my son is almost 4, I want us both to get back into the religious community, and eventually get my 1 year old daughter involved. (My husband will be difficult to convince.) I started researching different Christian denominations and was just getting confused, didn't know where to even start and was getting discouraged. About a week later, a lady from Redeemer [Jacqueline] came to my door with a flier for the neighborhood picnic. I took it as a sign. :) Anyway, that's how we found you and we will visit again in August and see if Redeemer is right for us. Thank you for checking in with us! Have a great day!"
"I never really liked going to church because I always felt pressure from everyone to believe or act a certain way. I liked redeemer because I did not feel the pressure I used to feel going to the different churches I have been to throughout my days. You read from the bible and explain what the meaning of what you are reading is in a way we can all understand and that is something I like. No, pressure, just straight up reading from the bible. You can't go wrong with that."
Please pray for the countless people like this that we have met this summer. They are both unchurched and God is working in both of their lives. Pray that God will keep drawing them to Himself, open their eyes to the truth of the gospel, and give them faith to respond. This is God's work!
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment