Monday, August 13, 2007

08/13/07 UPDATE

We had a bit of a "bummer" moment last week. I had to give up one of my toys. Due to the fact that vehicles are dropping like flies in our driveway, I had to sell the Jeep. The praise is that it sold quickly and we got close to what we wanted for it. Please pray that we will be able to find the right van as a replacement. I hate buying cars because i always feel like i make a bad decision.

Two other notes of praise from last week regard other needed items. A local church moved from a movie theater into a storefront and upgraded their sound equipment in the process. They gave us several components that will really help for the next service. We are moving to a new, much larger space and need more sound. Please pray for the remainder of the components to be provided.

The other praise is that a group is planning to give us a trailer (or at least a large contribution towards one). I know that doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is. Currently, we borrow a trailer, which means I have to store all of the stuff for the service in our garage. On set up day, we have to load everything up, drive to the site, set it up, tear it down, load it back up, and unload it into our garage. This will allow us to store everything and only have to unload and load it once. That's a big deal, for which we are very thankful.

We had a launch team meeting last night to prepare for next Sunday. This will be a stressful Sunday, because it will be our first time meeting in this location. We will also have to set up on Sunday morning in about an hour and a half. Since we haven't done this before, it will be a little dicey.

Please pray for us this week:

For the service on the 19th. Pray that God will draw the people He wants there.

Direction as I prepare for two bulk mailings before the launch service on 9/16. Also pray for the funds needed.

Pray for leaders and servants to help in the work.

Pray for the Spirit to go before us, prepare the way, and give us His power.

No comments: