12/03/07 UPDATE
I was pretty bummed by our turnout yesterday. We had 25, but 8 of them were the worship leader and several of his friends that came to hear him. Our service starts at 10 and it started snowing at 9, so I think a lot of people stayed at home because of that. One good thing is that we had a couple that had come back in September come back. December is going to be challenging all the way around, since we will have a lot of people gone for the holidays, etc. We're trying to just hold it together through the holidays.
It's funny how when I have a "down note," God always seems to send some encouragement. I went into the coffee shop to type this up and a guy I haven't seen in several weeks came in. He told me that he and a friend were planning to come yesterday, but changed their mind because of the snow. We had a good talk and I got to share the Gospel. You just never know how God is working and what's going on that you don't know about. Keep praying for all the people we are "cultivating relationships" with. Pray especially for God to draw them to Himself, to give us opportunities to share the Gospel, and for Him to grant them faith to believe.
Thanks for praying for J'line last week. She had surgery and it all went well. She is still sore and tired, but getting better. She's actually recovered a lot better than I anticipated.
This week I'm going to be spending a lot of time trying to lay out our plans for next year. Please pray for wisdom and guidance as I try to do that. I'll be meeting with a church next week to discuss a potential partnership with them and this planning will be a key part of that.
Monday, December 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment