This week had some very important highlights.
- Jacqueline saw the doctor and was given the "all's clear" following her surgery.
- We celebrated our 11th Anniversary on Friday. We went to Carabba's Italian Grill. Wow. It was awesome (always is). We did have one interesting experience. We walked out from around the restaurant and the wind hit us - and actually took our breath. Haven't had that happen before. It was 5, with a really stiff breeze. Fun.
- On Wednesday, we had a great Bible study. We had two young guys come who haven't been before. I was excited, because I've been praying that God would give us men. We had a great study.
- Sunday went well. We had 24 (17/7). I mentioned some of our plans for the new year. One is that I'm challenging the entire church to go through the study Experiencing God. I mentioned that I had ordered the books and that they were $15 each if everyone could help with the cost. Afterwards, I had someone come up and say that they wanted to pay for all of them. . . and it was the first time they had attended. Please pray for us we prepare for the study. Pray that people will be interested and involved in the study, that they will be able to complete it, and that God will unite us all on His mission.
- After church, one of our regular attenders had everyone to their house for Christmas lunch. it was a great time to get to know everyone a little better . . . and eat . . . a lot.
- God is showing up in many ways. There are a lot of people seeking Him and asking questions. Pray for opportunities to share the gospel and for the Spirit to give us the words to say and the faith to respond.
- Pray for someone to show up next week. We have a lot of people out for Christmas. It might just be the Cordell's!
No comments:
Post a Comment