001/07/08 UPDATE
Happy 2008!
After several weeks of limping along and trying to find the positive each week, we had a really good week. We had the best crowd we've had in several weeks - 25 (20/5). We had 2 first time guests and many of our regulars were not there, so it was an encouraging group. I had a guy lined up to lead worship and he called Saturday afternoon and couldn't talk. He wasn't hoarse . . . he could barely talk. However, I called a college student who has helped before. He had gotten back in town on Friday and was able to help us out. He did a great job. I've been amazed that we've only had one week where we did not have live music.
On that note, I hope to get Ryan and Nate (the two guys mentioned above) to lead worship from here on out. I'm trying to schedule them 2-3 times a month. That will give us some consistency and keep me from having to scramble to figure it out week to week. I know you've been faithfully praying for a worship leader and I'm hoping this can get us through until the summer.
Probably the most exciting event yesterday was our first Experiencing God meeting. We hosted 12 people at our house last night. I know of at least 6 others who are committed to it as well, but were either sick or out of town. I'm really pleased about the turnout. I think it will be an amazing time for our church and each of these people. Please pray that they will have the time and energy to complete the study. Pray too that God will do an incredible work in each of their lives. For many of them, this is the first Bible study they have ever participated in!
We spent the first hour introducing ourselves and getting an overview of the study. The second hour, Jacqueline "wowed them" with her baking skills (we had carrot cake). It was a lively time with everyone talking and getting to know one another. It was cool to see the relationships building and deepening.
Monday, January 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wish I hadn't had to miss that carrot cake!
yep, it was a hit!
Post a Comment