05/19/08 UPDATE
We had 39 (30 adults/9 kids) this week.
Another praise from this week is that I had another young lady email me to say that she wanted to be baptized. We now have five people who are awaiting baptism. i hope to have a service in June.
I have recently been convinced that we've gotten into the "doing church" groove and focused less on outreach. I've been personally praying about my own efforts and God seems to be moving in several relationships. I've been able to have several promising discussions. I'm also beginning to challenge our church to think about outreach more. Pray for God to move and give us opportunities. Also pray for the Spirit to work, bring conviction of sin, give us the words to share, and give faith to those who are hearing.
I'd like to ask you to pray for these people particularly:
Joe, Bob, Jean, TJ, Jason, Todd, Kyle, Demi, Heidi, Eric, Brian.
Also, our first mission teams will begin coming in June. Pray for these groups of missionaries - Long Avenue Baptist Church, Central Baptist Church, and Mt. Zion Baptist Association. Pray that God will prepare them for the work.
Pray for these communities where we will be doing block parties as well: Cattail Creek, Hickory Ridge, Sun Ridge, Black Elk,Coyote Run, and Spring Hill.
Pray for our meeting space as well. I have been approved through the first of July, but the insurance for our association expires then. They are going to renew the policy, but they won't give us a letter showing that we have coverage beyond that date. The school won't consider any dates requested until we show evidence of coverage. Bureaucracy is driving me crazy!
Monday, May 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment