06/02/08 UPDATE
We had a great day yesterday. It started off rough - I was having a hard time getting my stuff together, one of our children's workers didn't make it, etc. I started getting stressed until I realized that I was preaching on "anxiety." If you've ever heard someone say "don't pray for patience," preaching on a subject works the same way:)
We had 41 (29 adults/12 children). Of those, we had 6 first time guests. 4 came from the mandolin player's family (he's a friend of Jared's and came to play with him - it was really cool). One was a church planter who is starting a church in the area in October. He's been "watching us" since October (and reading the blog - 'sup Blaine)so now he knows what not to do:) The other was the husband of a lady who has been coming. I've been praying for him since September, so it was cool to get to see him there.
We also had several families who've started attending regularly begin to get involved in tearing things down afterwards and sticking around to talk. Those are two good signs that they are getting "invested."
Pray for:
1. Our block parties start next week. We have a mission team coming from FL, so pray for their safe arrival. Pray for the communities of Cattail Creek and Hickory Ridge - that the people will be receptive.
2. Jacqueline and the boys will be traveling home this weekend. Pray for safe and smooth travels.
3. Implementation of the things I'm learning in the coaching network. Lesson #1 - "One of the greatest blocks to organizational productivity is the lack of a decision by a senior person about the necessity of a meeting, and with whom, to move an important issue forward." I'm meeting with our finance, set-up, and children's teams.
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment