Monday, June 29, 2009

UPDATE!

Things have been going great for Redeemer! I told Jacqueline last night that I'm really excited about the things that are happening. I'll share some of the "tangible" things, but there are many others that I can see happening on the fringes.

Last week we had a mission team from Shades Mountain in Birmingham, AL. They passed out invitations to over 3,000 homes and hosted two block parties. We had over 100 people at both block parties and made some great connections. We also had our second highest Sunday ever yesterday - 85! 8 of those adults were first time guests and many of the children were too. In fact, one lady brought 3 neighborhood kids who came to the block party and asked to come to church with her. Two other ladies came because of the postcards. And others came from various places - including one couple who said they got the postcard when we first started - wow. That's return almost 2 years afterward. We also had a couple who had just moved to town on Wednesday!

While attendance has been up and down, we've been over 80 3 times since the end of March and are averaging 70. Of those, we're having about 50 adults each Sunday, so it is definite progress.

Our music ministry is experiencing some exciting growth as well. Continue to pray for God to send musicians. In the past few weeks, we've added a drummer and have a good contact with an electric guitarist. Jared has also written a couple of worship songs that they are currently recording.

Another area where I've continually asked for prayer is our Children's Ministry. We have made some big steps in that area. Several people have begun teaching and are doing an incredible job! We're having kids ask to come back and getting mad if they miss a week! Keep praying for leaders as we are rapidly approaching a time where we need reinforcements. Specifically, pray for another leadership team for our older children's class.

Personally, I want to ask you to pray for me for a couple of things. One, I'm wrestling to get my time and work under control. I want to "work hard and play hard." I want to fully engage with work, but also fully engage with the boys and Jacqueline.

Second, pray for me to pray. As things have gotten busier, that area has slipped and God is reminding me that the most important thing I can do is pray. A part of that is equipping you to pray too, so I'm trying to get back on that!

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: