Monday, January 22, 2007

01/22/07 UPDATE

Well all of our stuff is now inside - we are just trying to get it unpacked. I hope to be able to stand upright again in a few days.

Sunday was interesting. we got 7" of snow on Saturday night, so many churches cancelled their services. Ours was one, so I was able to take some ibuprofen and let them kick in before i had to go out and shovel the snow out of the walk. I decided to make it "purposeful," so I waited until i saw some of my neighbors outside in hopes of meeting them. Finally, the guy next door fired up his snow blower, so I went out to tackle the chore. It worked like a charm - I guess everyone was waiting on teh first person to take the plunge. When you looked down the street, almost every house had someone out shoveling.

I was also able to meet all of our immediate neighbors. The people to our right go to an sbc church here in Omaha. In fact, it was the first one i preached at. They were really friendly and let the boys use their sled and the hill in their backyard - our yard is basically flat. I think they all conspire to make the new people fat. One neighbor brought us a cake last night and this morning another guy showed up with a hot, fresh now box of Krispy Kreme donuts. DUDE, THIS IS MY KIND OF PLACE!

Please pray for us this week as we prepare to have our first Gathering. It will probably be a bit slow since I haven't invited everyone early, but I hope we will have several people show up. We are going to spend the first 2-3 weeks getting to know each other and then begin preparing to see if everyone wants to be part of the new start.

Also, I will be speaking for 5-10 minutes at a local church on Sunday to invite people to join up with us. Please pray for God to call people to the work. I also have to line up several follow up meeting with people this week. Pray that God will be at work in these too.

Thanks for praying!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Lee, glad to hear the move-in has gone well. I'll be praying for your upcoming meeting and all those you need as your team.

Dick L. said...

Hey that sounds like the Lord is already beginning to 'put together' a group to assist you guys. That's GREAT!
We've not had to shovel any snow yet, but 'ya never know, it could happen any day, I guess. All it would have to do is drop about 40 degres and blow real hard from Nebraska. Ha.
We love you guys,
Dick L & gang