01/15/07 UPDATE
Sorry the post is late. J hasn't allowed me to put down a paint brush to do anything else lately. She slipped out to the store, so I have a minute:) We've almost finished the painting and hope to move on Saturday. This will be a big relief. It looks like we'll meet our target of having "The Gathering" (our small group time) on January 28th.
One exciting development last week was a phone call from the pastor of a new church in town (Grace Fellowship - I preached there in Nov?). They really want to help us with our start. The funny thing is that they plan to build there church in basically the same place we are targeting. He has already talked to a few people to see if they are interested in helping us and at least one of them is. We are meeting Thursday to see how they may be able to help further.
I'm also slowly meeting our neighbors. So far, I've met Mark our neighbor in the back right. He's a golf pro at a local course (I was praying for a hunting and/or fishing guide, but that will work:)) He has a wife who teaches 2nd grade and two little girls.
There's also Donna. She has three granddaughters who stay with her a lot.
Yesterday I met Alex. He also has a daughter.
It sounds like there's nothing but girls here (till we moved in), but Donna told us they were hoping girls would move in because there weren't that many. I've seen, but haven't met our next door neighbors and they have three kids. Our back door neighbors have 3 boys and one across the street has 2 boys.
I tell you all these details so that you can pray for these people. Ask God to draw them and open their hearts to Him.
Thanks for your prayers. Continue to pray for contacts with believers who are well connected with lost people and with unbelievers.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great blog. Glad to hear all is going well Look forward to reading more.
Post a Comment