1/8/07 UPDATE
Last week was really eventful. We closed on the house without any issues. It was incredibly easy - I just filled out an online app, met with an officer once, and it was done!
Two other significant things took place:
One, we went for the final walkthrough of the house. I found some things the previous owners left behind that showed they were active Mormons. This had a big impact on me for a couple of reasons. One, they were doing essentially the same things we're hoping to do. I have to be conscious of that as I meet people, so that we aren't lumped in with them. We have to make sure they understand a difference. That may seem like a clear distinction to you, but it isn't to most unbelievers (and to an alarming number of believers too!).
This may be a little "wierd" for some of you, but I had a sense of wanting to pray through the house before we moved in. As we talked about it later, J had the same sense. I've never done that before, but I just had a sense that we needed to this time - maybe because it is essentially our church for now, our center of ministry, whatever. Once we made this discovery, I really wanted to do that - since it was being used as a center for false teaching, I really want to see it established as a Kingdom outpost. Please pray for us in this regard - especially for our neighbors, that we will be able to communicate clearly the truth of Jesus and that God will reveal the truth to them. Pray that Satan will not be able to use this "confusion" to harm the work.
This all served to underline the fact that this is all spiritual warfare. This is the "wierd" part for some of you, but we really are engaged in a spiritual battle, there are lives and souls at stake, and you play a vital part. Please join me in pleading for the souls of people here in Omaha and against the work of Satan.
The other significant event took place at closing. I had not met our actual loan officer before. The day before our "interview" he fell off a ladder and ended up in ICU, so someone filled in for him. We met for the first time at closing and he asked a lot of questions about the church and how things were going. I didn't even know for sure that he knew what we were doing. As things progressed we talked further and he asked me to keep him posted on the progress. I asked if he was going to church anywhere and he replied that he was, but that they had been discussing a change and that's why he wanted to know more about what we were doing. Again, just another instance of how God randomly draws people together.
Please continue to pray for us in that regard. Ask God to raise up people - believers who are well connected with lost people and lost people who God is dealing with. We've been seeing answers to these prayers, so please keep it up.
As for everything else, we are busy painting and preparing to move in. We're hoping to have our first small group on the 28th.
Thanks for you prayers!
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment