
Well, the big news around here is that our family expanded on Monday. We've been promising the boys that we'd get another dog once we got settled down. Long story, but we eventually were connected with a lady who was trying to place one or her whippets, Mystic. We got her last Monday and the boys are ecstatic. You hear a constant chorus of "Mystic, Mystic, Mystic" everywhere you go. She's a great dog - really calm and great with kids. The funniest part of it all is that when we asked where she was, the lady said, "A town called Crestview, FL." That's very close to where we just moved from.
Aside from that, we froze all week. We've been setting record lows all week and watching as our beautiful plants shrivel up and die.
I had several very good meetings this week. The first was on Monday. Our pastor at Heartland and I started meeting to pray for God to move in Omaha. This was the first of what we hope will be a weekly event. Please pray for us to hear from God during this time. We also had a pastor's meeting where we showed a dvd of what we're doing and had several pastors talk to us about helping. One in particular was encouraging. They meet on the same street that we are targeting, but about 7 miles to the east. He said that all of the pastors in that area were praying for the "area out west" for several years and trying to figure out what they could do there. It was good to hear about God going before us. We also had a great time celebrating Easter yesterday with friends. I hope you did too.
This week we have a couple of key things taking place. One, I'll be flying to NYC for my first coaching meeting. Please pray for God to be at work there, showing me His plans for Omaha. Also pray for safety as I travel.
Second, I'll be preaching next Sunday (and the Sunday after that). Pray that I will hear the exact message God wants to bring and that he will speak through me to bring it.
Pray for strength for us as we enter what is going to be a very hectic period of our lives. Things are picking up this weekend and I'm not sure when they will slow down again. The summer is a key time for us and there is much to plan and coordinate as we move towards it.
Also, pray for our schooling choices for the kids. Although they are doing great academically in homeschooling, I think it would be a lot less stressful if they were in school. They are on a waiting list for a public school which has a special academic curriculum that we like. We are also applying for a scholarship that might help us put them into Christian school. Please pray for the right doors to open at the right time.
Finally, here are some recurring requests:
A worship leader.
A place to meet.
Partners in funding many of the upcoming projects and needs.
God to draw people to be part of the plant.
Our first monthly service - June 10. I'm praying for 75 people.
Our public launch - September 9. I'm praying for 250 people.
No comments:
Post a Comment