10/01/07 UPDATE
Man, I'm beat. Last week was a great week, but an exhausting one too. We hosted a mission team from Mt Zion Association in Jonesboro, Arkansas for the third time. They came up last fall to prayerwalk and then this summer to help with block parties. This time they came up to share the gospel. They brought about 1,500 9 volt batteries with them. We gave them out with a booklet that said "Lifesaving Tips" and had several tips for maintaining your smoke detectors (one of which was to change the batteries, which is why we gave them out). On the inside, it gave tips for saving your soul and shared the gospel.
They visited over 2,000 homes and gave this gift and tried to share the gospel. There were tons of interested people and some great feedback. Two people prayed to receive Christ and a lot said that they wanted to check out the church.
Additionally, one of the guys on the team is a professional photographer. He shoots a lot of sporting events. He came out on Saturday and took "action shots" of Jackson and Andrew's soccer games. The whole point is that I'll give all of the parents a cd with pictures of their kids as a gift from the church. It will give us just another "in" with people.
While he was shooting Andrew's game, I walked over and he was talking with a father from the other team. He had asked Ric for some pictures of his daughter. We started talking and it became a God encounter. I shared the gospel with him and all I did was answer the questions he asked. I couldn't have written it up any better, with one exception. As I finished talking, the game ended and his kids started dragging him off. He told me he'd give me a call because he was very interested. Please pray for him and the many other people where the gospel is taking root. Pray that God will give a harvest from the sowing that took place this week.
Yesterday went pretty well. We had 43, but 12 were from the mission team, so we really had 25 adults and 6 children. We're having a lot of people return for a second visit or more, which is great. We also had 5 first time visitors. Of those, 2 also indicated that they prayed to receive Christ. I'll be following them up this week, so pray for them to grow in Christ.
Monday, October 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment