10/29/07 UPDATE
Last week was the boy's fall break. I felt like i had been "shorting" them lately, so I took several afternoons for family excursions. We let each of them pick something to do, so we ended up going to Arbor Day Farms (a big tree farm with all kinds of educational, kid-friendly stuff), the movies (we saw Ratatouille - i don't have a clue how to spell it), and ate at Pizza Hut.
Friday night we had concert at Scooter's. A couple of my friends came and played and we invited the church out. I was pretty pleased with the turnout. It helped us get to know each other a little better.
Sunday was about the same numbers-wise. We had 3 first time guests, which was really good. i also announced an introductory Bible study and almost everyone wants to participate. I also passed out a 40 Day Bible reading plan that gives a good overview of the Bible. I'm going to be posting some thoughts about it on my other blog - http://leecordell.blogspot.com/
Another cool thing Sunday was that our church went international. One of the ladies has a sister from Scotland. She's attended the last two weeks and leaves this week to go back. She took a T-shirt and asked if she could put something in her church's newsletter about us. Now I can write about our ministry exploding around the globe!:)
I met with the guy we're praying will help us with worship twice last week. He has three opportunities and said he would be fine with either of them. He just wants God to show him which one He desires. Please pray that God will do just that (and selfishly I have to add that it would be us)!
Please pray for:
A worship leader.
Mission teams to assist us next summer.
God to continue drawing people to the church.
That we will have wisdom as we seek to connect people with the church.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment