Yesterday was great. We set a new record attendance - 52 (41 adults/11 kids). It was really exciting and encouraging. Just to temper things a bit though, several of those people will not be regulars because they are involved and committed to other works. It was still great to see the seats full and have to think of adding more.
Our Experiencing God had much lower numbers (9) but it was really exciting. There were several stories of God causing people to ask/search for spiritual things.
- One lady said her husband expressed an interest in coming to check things out (after previously saying he had no interest).
- Another guy mentioned studying at a restaurant and praying for a "God encounter." As he was studying, a guy came over and asked what he was reading and they talked about the church, etc.
- Someone else shared that God unexpectedly answered something she had been praying about for several months.
- Another guy had a co-worker come in and say, "So, I've been thinking I want to do this born-again thing."
In short, it was really cool to see God working.
This week, I'd like to ask you to pray for a couple of things. One, I have an incredibly busy week. I am meeting with several people to work on projects related to the church. In addition, I'm trying to finalize the upcoming sermon series. Basically, everything involves brain power from me, so it will be a long and tiring week.
Two, please pray for this coming Sunday. We have a mailer of approximately 10,500 cards going out. I also challenged everyone to give away 10 invitation cards. Pray that God will draw people as a result of this work. Pray too for "God encounters" so that people will be able to invite and share.
No comments:
Post a Comment