02/25/08 UPDATE
I guess we're officially on a roll. Although our numbers dropped back slightly to 62. I'm not exactly sure of the breakdown, but i think it was 49 adults and 13 kids.
Of those, two families came back after last Sunday (which is much trickier than getting them there the first time). We also had two new families who indicated that they are very interested in finding out how to get connected with the church. One of our regular attenders also brought her husband for the first time. There were also several other first time guests.
After church, we went to food court at a local mall for a new school potluck lunch. Everybody got their favorite food and met at one big table. We had 13 people (my crew couldn't make it, jackson has the flu, so they were all at home yesterday). One of the families (of 5) who is really interested in the church stopped by. We had a really good time. God is assembling a pretty cool team.
The growth this month has been incredible (we went from 35 to a high of 72). The result of that is that we have basically had to blow up all of our leadership structures (which were minimal) and start over. There is just no way that a few couples can do all that needs to be done. I spent most of the week planning how to go forward and meeting with people to put these structures into place. This is difficult for me because I have a hard time "making the ask" of people. Please pray for us - that I will ask people to get involved, that they will see and hear how God wants to use them, and that we will put it together as God wants. Pray especially for our children's and small groups ministries.
Also, this week is a bit stressful for me because we will be gone to a missions conference at one of our partner churches this weekend. This will be my first Sunday away so I am working to make sure all the bases are covered. Pray that God will be at work through it - both at church and at the conference.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment