03/03/08 UPDATE
As my kids would say, "I'm busted." It means totally worn out. I just got back in town from one of the most incredible weekends of my life, but it sucked the life out of me. We went to Central Baptist Church in Jonesboro, Arkansas for a Global Impact Celebration. Central is assisting us and wanted us to come and get to know their people. We were treated like rock stars from (figuratively speaking, of course) from Friday through Sunday night. We met some of the most incredible people who are fired up for missions and are actively engaged in it.
In addition, we also met some really cool missionaries from other parts of the world. God is an amazing God and He is at work all around us. I was challenged to think bigger for Redeemer Church. Not just get bigger, but have a bigger impact on Omaha, the US, and the world. I'm thinking about how we can involve our people in serving others.
The only down side is that I had a long week preparing to be gone this weekend and followed that up with a very "people intensive" several days. We never really had a moment to sit down without having someone to talk with. I'm an introvert, so I need to go sit in a dark, quiet place for a while to recharge.
Church seems to have gone well, only a few minor glitches. It was cool to see people pick up the baton and run with it while we were gone. We had 53 (38 adults and 15 kids). I'm not sure who all was there, but we had at least one couple that were first time guests and two families that haven't been in a while.
Please pray for:
- Our ability to connect with all of these new people.
- God to continue to send people and connect them with Redeemer.
- Discernment as we try to connect peoples gifts and abilities with the needs in the church.
- Our Easter mailer as it will be going out next week.
Monday, March 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment