Monday, March 24, 2008

03/24/08 UPDATE

I hope everyone had a great Easter. We had a pretty good one. I wasn't sure if we would have an increase or decrease from the holiday. A lot of our "regulars" were out, due to going to see family and the flu (please pray for this to break, we have families going through their second bout with it and it takes them out 2-3 weeks). We had 50 (41 adults/9 children). Of those, we had 6 first time guests and several returning for their second, third, or fourth time.

Please pray for us in the coming weeks, because I think it is a very important time. It feels like we have a lot of momentum building, but we can't seem to capture it. On April 6, we are beginning Community Groups (our small group ministry). I think this will help people to get involved in the church, grow in their faith, and build relationships. Until now, this has been a major problem spot for us. Pray that God will help us put all of this together and lead people to get involved.

Please pray for:

- Community Groups - that God will lead people to sign up and participate.

- Worship Leader - I've had some very promising discussions with a guy in town. Pray for wisdom for both of us as we continue in the process.

- Facility - It is about time for us to renew our contract with the Middle School. Please pray that we will be able to continue meeting at Beadle.

- Wisdom - I am working on our leadership structure (Constitution and By-Laws, etc.). Pray for wisdom as I study and put this together.

No comments: