03/17/08 UPDATE
We had 48 yesterday (34/14). The flu is still going crazy here. We have sick people everywhere. That had an impact on the service, but we still had a good crowd.
There were several really good developments this week:
I talked with one couple who was back for there second visit and they said that they were very interested in the church. I also had coffee with another guy last week who said that they want to plug in and begin serving.
I had been praying about how our church could get involved in service at an early stage, so that it won't feel like its all "about us." A lady called me late in the week because she had seen a special on the local news about a single mom with three kids who lost everything in a house fire. They didn't have renter's insurance, so she is in a really tight spot. God put the family on her heart and she began trying to get people to help. She called to ask if we could help too, so yesterday I had her share with the church. She is participating in the Experiencing God group and it really helped that concept come alive to them. Several people have responded, including one couple who had bought a new set of dishes and decided they weren't exactly what they wanted. They decided to give them to her!
One of the biggest developments is that I met with a prospective worship leader last week. He led for us yesterday and I got great feedback from everyone present. He has a lot of talent, a great voice, etc. but there are also several common areas of philosophy and church direction between the two of us. In particular, there is substantial theological depth on his part, which is exciting to me. I am looking for more than a "singer" but a worship leader - someone who understands God and can help our people see Him, value Him, and surrender to him. We will be continuing to discuss the possibility, so pray that God would lead us.
Also, Easter is coming!!! Pray for us as we make preparations this week. Pray that God will draw people to the service. We sent out a mailer to the area, so pray that people will be receptive to it and respond. Pray that I will preach the gospel empowered by the Spirit and that people will respond. We are praying for 125 and we'll see what happens!
I am also trying to plan for our community group ministry which will start on April 6th. I need wisdom!
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment