08/11/08 UPDATE
The meeting I asked you to pray for last week went really well. We had 13 people at the house on Wednesday. I shared with them our goal to have 100 people in attendance on September 14, 2008. I asked the question, "What would it take for us to have 100 people in attendance?" and got some really great ideas and feedback. As we talked, it really created a "buzz" and people got excited. I even had a few that said we should have more than a 100.
They are also following through on a lot of the things we discussed. It's really exciting. I asked everyone to commit to 4 things:
1. Pray for three lost friends daily and prayerwalk their neighborhood once a week.
2. Invite 3 friends on September 14th.
3. Give 10% of their income to God's work.
4. Serve by contributing at least one hour a week.
I also asked them to pray for some specific goals. I'd like to ask you to pray for them too. Ask God to:
- send 100 people to Redeemer on September 14th.
- save 5 people during the WHY> Campaign.
- provide $5,000 so that we can complete everything we planned for the campaign.
- 80 adults to participate in Community Groups during the campaign.
We'll see what happens . . .
Yesterday went well. We had 44 (29 adults/15 children). Of those we also had 5 first time guests.
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment