9/16/08 UPDATE
Most guys like to find ways to gauge interest in their blogs by encouraging comments. I've found the best way is to simply not post anything:)
Actually, things have been crazy busy around here. Good crazy, but crazy nonetheless.
Sunday was really cool. We had 60 (45 adults/15 children). That's our third biggest Sunday to date. I think we could have had a bigger turnout if I had done a lot more mass publicity, but I chose to challenge everyone to take responsibility for their own neighborhoods, friends, family, etc.
It was cool to see everyone seated with their friends. We had 8 first or second time guests. Of them, 6 were invited by a friend. I heard/saw several people who are admittedly not close to God making comments, taking books, signing up for groups. Pretty exciting stuff.
We also had 30 people sign up for Community Groups. Our first group was last night and they all said it went well.
One final note of praise - our treasurer told me that we had the largest single offering to date. We've paid for everything involved with the campaign and God provided all that was needed. One thing I've learned in this process is that when you use money for evangelism, God sends it back to you.
I'm really excited about the way that people are taking steps to follow Jesus. I can't really explain it all . . . but trust me . . . people are taking huge steps to put Jesus first. I'm really proud of them.
Keep praying for us, I'm excited to see what God does through the next 40 days.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment