10/13/08 UPDATE
Growth is good . . . but it can come with pain. Just ask a growing boy. The pains usually aren't debilitating, just uncomfortable. Well, good news/bad news is that we're growing. With that growth comes pain and discomfort. Every time we add another 20 people or so, it requires adjustments. Pray for us in that process - particularly regarding our children's ministry.
Yesterday was great. The numbers were down (47), but we still had a good day.
One praise - we had a lady commit to following Jesus last week. She was back yesterday and really excited about it. I also made arrangements for our first baptism on Oct. 26th. We're renting the pool at the Holiday Inn Express. It should be fun. There are around 10 people who have expressed an interest in being baptized, so I'll be following up on them. Pray for them!
Also, we have a busy week this week. I'm going to Tampa tomorrow for my coaching meeting. Jared (our worship pastor) is accompanying me on this trip for a coaching meeting of his own. Pray that we will have a productive couple of days.
I get back and go to Kansas City on Friday with Jacqueline. She is running a marathon on Saturday (her first). She's a little nervous, so pray that it goes well for her. It's a big accomplishment and she's excited.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment