Tuesday, October 28, 2008





10/27/08 UPDATE

We had a great day on Sunday. Actually, it was a great week for me. I spent a lot of time reviewing where we are and where we've been and its been great to see God's faithfulness.

We had a celebration service. Jared had a couple of friends come in, so we had a full band and spent most of the service singing and worshiping. I set a record for the shortest sermon I've ever preached (which isn't saying much).

Here's some of what I shared with the church:

The first two weeks of the year we had 25 people (after 16 to close out the last Sunday of the year - Yikes!).

We averaged 42 for the year until September.

Our previous high attendance was 74 - 50 adults and 24 kids. Our second highest attendance was 62.

During the last 7 weeks, 5 times we had more than 62 people. We averaged 60 for that time.

The last two Sundays, we've had 50 adults and 49 adults (our record is 50).

We had about 80 different adults attend during those 7 weeks.

We had 32 adults participate in groups.

Twice we set a record for offering.

Following the service, we baptized 3 people. There are several others who want to be baptized but couldn't participate on Sunday.

In short, its been a good several weeks. I challenged everyone to continue to do the things that they did to get us here - invite their friends, read the Bible, join a group, serve, and take the next step.

It's a good time to be at Redeemer. Thanks for your help in making it happen by praying and supporting.

No comments: