Saturday, January 03, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I spent the other night reviewing the things that God has done in 2008. It's been a really exciting year.

We've seen:

- 3 people baptized (and we already have 2 waiting for this year).

- Redeemer grow from my family of 5 to an average of 62.

- Jared Totten join us as Worship Pastor. He's doing an incredible job. We've also added Matt LeFeber who plays bass and djimbe (hand drum).

- Over 30 adults participate in Community Groups in the Fall semester.

- I was accepted and participated in a Pastor's Coaching Network with Nelson Searcy. It was probably the greatest thing I've done to grow as a Pastor.

- We helped furnish a new home for a single mother who lost everything she had in a fire.

- Almost every week, we get a comment about how God is at work in people's lives. One example is this note I received - "By the way, great service today! It was like you heard our conversation on the way to church! It seemed like you were talking directly to us! Kind of scary:)

Requests for 2009:

1. God, make me the leader that I need to be to help Redeemer fulfill all that God wants for her. If Redeemer is going to take the next step as a church, I have to take the next step as a leader.

2. God, help me to ask, equip, and involve people in your work at Redeemer. I have to do a better job of asking people to get involved, casting vision for them, and working with them to find the best fit for their gifts.

3. God, give us 100 adults a week in 2009. This would basically double what we have now and allow us to become self-sufficient. Most of our support is ended this year and the rest will cease at the end of 2009, so that is an important goal.

I'm excited about 2009 and the plans that we have. God is doing some amazing things in bringing people together. I look back and see that He has been in control and provided at every step. Thank God, He never changes!

One final administrative note:

Everybody's been asking why I haven't been posting the blog as often. Quite frankly, I've gotten a little burned out on it. It seems like I keep saying the same things over and over.

I'm planning to re-focus on posting once a month (probably around the 15th). That way, I can give you a picture of what the month looked like, as well as more in depth requests that you can pray for. Additionally, it will allow me to concentrate my efforts so that I can post on the blog and get the newsletter out. Lately, I've gotten neither done.

No comments: