Friday, May 30, 2008

05/26/08 UPDATE

Greetings web fans! Sorry the post is late, but I've been out of town. We had an incredible week in Florida. I had the privilege of conducting the wedding for a young lady that grew up in our church. It was really fun. We got to see a lot of old friends and family, drink a lot of coffee, eat at Pepper's a couple of times (the best Mexican joint I've ever found), get far too little sleep, do some fishing, and get our brains beat in on the trip across the bay.

I also attended my first coaching meeting with Nelson Searcy in Tampa. I'm really excited about the upcoming 8 months of coaching. They mentioned several benefits of the coaching network that I saw firsthand with the church planter network. ONE, God moves in a mighty way. I don't know why, but He does. Almost every time I had a cp coaching meeting, God would come through with a huge answer to prayer. It got to the point that I looked forward to the meeting, just to see what God was going to do. TWO, it seems that God gives me a boldness and courage to do the things that He is calling me to do. Again, I don't know why, but it is certainly the case. THIRD, God does work on my soul. He reveals sin to be repented of and changes I need to make. It is always a tremendous growing experience for me . . . and when I grow, the church grows.

Things went well on Sunday. i don't know the numbers, but it was about the same as it has been for several weeks. No new faces, but the "regulars" were there. It was encouraging to me to see that I was gone and things rocked on without me.

UPDATES AND REQUESTS:

1. It looks like we will have the school to meet in for next year. We are working out some details with the insurance, but it looks good.

2. Our first mission team is arriving next week (June 9-15). Pray that they will arrive safely and that the people of Cattail Creek and Hickory Ridge will be prepared for their work.

3. Our transmission went out on the van. The good news is that it didn't "break down" while the family was on the road. The bad news, it will be about $3,000 to fix. Pray for God's provision.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you are in the coaching network!

Nelson
www.ChurchLeaderInsights.com/blog